Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The latest on my pup is it is a girl! We were so frazzled by her sudden presence in our lives we didnt notice all this while! Now, our naming process has travelled from Thambi to Rajee to Rashee to Pixie. And Pixie it is right now. At least for now.


She is now in the parking lot with two other dogs for company. We had mistaken one she-dog there to be her mother because of her black patches. But we found another one just like Pixie and realised the other one was probably her 'masi', as Hubby says! A rather unfriendly aunt who doesnt much bother with her. So Pixie keeps to herself all day, mostly lying under the car and then wags her tail hysterically when we go with a bowl of milk. Never ever seeing the container, she tears out of the hiding place towards us. This point in our interaction always sets me off on a panic run as I dont like dogs touching me or licking my feet. Not even Pixie.

After this cat and mouse game, I manage to find my way back to the milk container, which always gets toppled over by Pixie in her exhilarated chase after me. Eventually, the realisation dawns and hunger takes over. I made good my escape in the mean time, before she has time to raise her head.


The rains scare her. She sits under the car, a proper frightened puppy. At times like these, I melt and feel like taking her inside the house. But then cold logic overrides and I limit my guilt feeling to just that. Eventually, she is back to her happy self, to my great relief.
 

No comments: