Wednesday, September 26, 2007

India has won the TT Cup. Yeah!

To me, TT spells table tennis. That's as much as I understand of cricket. But honestly, Twenty 20 doesn't look like cricket (it's typically decided in the last over or even the last ball) and the TT Cup doesnt look like a Cup. But then, neither does Team India look Indian.
What happened to all that cowering under pressure--nervous fielding, dropped catches, drooping jaws, fumbling at the wicket, confused running, and endless wides? I cant recognise this team. I am more used to a team that incredibly snatches defeat from the jaws of victory!
Surely, this is an outsourced version. Take MSD. Rarely do you see a man with more style. He is a natural. No posing for the camera, no playing to the gallery, no throwing attitude, no mouthing platitudes, no synthetic smiles.
This man has serious attitude. Real attitude, not airs. I think Ganguly too has real sttitude but Dhoni also has class. Not being much of a cricket fan, I hardly take in any of the games. The Indo-Pak match was the first I have watched in the TT series. And I was completely bowled over by Dhoni. He is just sooo composed, smart and incredibly stylish. It's quite hard to believe this is his first series as a captain.
And what does he say when asked about his advice to his teammates? He simply said go, enjoy the game; ``it doesnt matter whether we win or lose''. Imagine! Now that we've won the war, all's fair. But had we lost, I dread to think what would have happened to a captain making such a cool but nationally blasphemous pronouncement.
But for now, it's your moment. Go live it.

3 comments:

Neema said...

Ya, I too liked Dhoni's line on 'Enjoy'. Never heard a captain say whether we win or lose, doesn't matter... This is modern day example of Bhagavad Gita. Karma kar, etc.

a1 said...

Is this a crush?! :)

a1 said...

Is this a crush?! :)